IMO G6 PLC replacement battery

Michael M

Howdy,

I hope that someone here can help me out.

In our plant we have a machine that was manufactured in the U.K. that contains an IMO G6 PLC. The CPU unit is a GM6-CPUB. The battery has not been replaced in years and we're going through all of our units and installing new batteries. The battery currently in the machine is a Varta CR1/2AA unit with wire leads and a connector plug at the end of the leads. This Varta battery is very similar, if not the same as, the Sanyo Laser lithium batteries in our SLC 5/01, 5/02, 5/03, and 5/05 units, except that the connection plug is different. The IMO manual is very vague (3V Lithium and physical dimensions in millimeters, but no mention of lead typwes, etc. Can anyone here point me to the correct battery replacement for this PLC? We purchased some Varta CR1/2AA units a couple of years ago w/o leads but the batteries warn against soldering on the ends so I'm not of the mind ot be doing that.

Any help?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

No problem getting Varta batteries. You can buy them with tabs. Here is a good link that has photos of a few flavors. The 1/2AA means it's the size of half of a AA battery.

No problem getting Varta batteries. You can buy them with tabs. Here is a good link that has photos of a few flavors. The 1/2AA means it's the size of half of a AA battery.

Thank you a bunch for that link. I don't see the wired connector that this PLC takes, but these leads will give me a snowball's chance of making up something that will work just dandy.

I got a reply from the PLC manufacturer on the batteries and they will have them available in 12 weeks. wow. :D The elves must be on vacation.

Thanks again,
Mike