How I convert 1 phase(220-230 volt) to 3 phases (380-400 volt) maximum up to 1KW...

sinanmoral

Dear All,

3 phases (380-400 volt) are needed for my small lap in my garage.

Normally there is one 1 phase 220-230 volt in my garage but I would like to test or play 3 phases VFD driver or servo driver in order to improve my skills.

I do not wanna talk with the electric distribution company due to lots of paper works and procedures.

I see some drivers 1 phase input and 3 phase output but their output is a maximum of 3 * 220-230 volt.

My request is 3*380-400 volt...

Any idea How I can get these voltages?

Thanks in advance.

Use a transformer.
Either a single phase transformer to boost your shop voltage and a VFD rated for the higher voltage, or a three phase transformer to boost the output of the VFD.
Without a transformer you could run the VFD in volts/Hz operation, run the motors at lower speed and use gears or belts to increase the final speed. That assumes you can disconnect the motor from the load to add gearing.

You could use a motor with 230V D / 400V Y connectivity.
So if you run the motor in the garage then you connect the motor in delta, or if you run the motor in another location with 400V, you connect the motor in star.

Please look at the picture...

If I buy this device, I can use output of this device as 3*400 volt power source and converted 1 phase to 3 phases?

I need 3 phase * 400 volt (50 hz) in my garage for limited power like maximum 1 kw...

What do you think?

Thanks for your opinion but motor connection type can not solve my issue...

By the way, Picture is second hand device and so cheap..

Ekran görüntüsü 2022-08-15 202724.jpg

Yes I have...

I run this servo driver for just supplying 3 phases *400 volt as a power source...

and then I connect output power of this servo driver to other 3 phase Ac drivers to feed them.

As I said I just use it as 3 phases power source due to only one phase in my garage...

Sorry my bad englishş hope everything is clear

The 2198 will not work like the video it will need a servo motor connected to it otherwise it will fault.

If you want a device like in the video then you will need to buy one like that not a servo controller.

As others have said, you cannot get a higher voltage out than in. There is no DC boost regulator in any drive that I know of.

But, if you had a 230/400V transformer, of sufficient kVA to give you 400V in, then yes you can get 400V out.

I believe he does not want to buy a transformer and wanted to use the servo drive he posted as a power source instead of the transformer.

That is my understanding of his questions but I haven't watched the video.

The Servo amplifier you posted will work on 195 to 364 volts one phase. Or 324 to 528 3 phase input.
Your garage has 1 phase 220-230volts. That should work without a transformer.
You need a compatible servo motor to work with the servo amplifier you posted.