Power over Ethernet/Ethernet I/P

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Has anyone seen any POE EIP I/O blocks? I have to ASSuME a company makes an input block. The unit wouldnt be able to do much with any output maybe a relay or 2. Im just thinking outside the box.

Are you referring to io link field io modules? If so I have only seen ones where a separate power supply needs to be wired. You get modules that the power can be daisy chained. POE would be nice but i suspect cable size (Volt drop) of the comms cable will become an issue over long distances

You guys are awesome. I dont have a projecr for these. Im just setting around thinking about what is out there as a new I/O.

Similar Topics

Hi all, Im having a weird problem with my panel and i think its the plc causing it but it could be some other component. When i power up my...
Replies
Views
Totally off topic, but strange observation. I purchased a few cisco ethernet switches off of ebay some years ago. They are part of a home lab...
Replies
Views
I have quick question and any help would be appreciated. We had to replace a power flex 525. So we pulled the parameters from the old one and...
Replies
Views
Hi; I have 02nos AB Stratix 2000 (1783-US05T) Ethernet switches having 5 ports. I have a problem that the Power indications of both switches...
Replies
Views
Greetings, Is there such a thing as power of ethernet connected phones? I'm thinking CAT6 cables to telephone outlets and connecting...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom