FactoryTalk View ME

tjntjntjn

Hi everyone.
I have Factory Talk View ME Station version 11 installed on my computer. The communication path is set properly and the application is working just fine when I go to "Test Display". I create runtime application and save it as version 7.0 (because that's the firmware revision in the HMI). After I download the application into the HMI and run it, all I see are question marks where the "data/tags" from PLC supposed to be. FT View is up to date with all necessary patches.
What could be causing that the application works while testing on the computer but does not work when downloaded to the HMI?

Thanks

Maybe let me add a few thing. I guess I was not clear on my issue.

The application was created a few years ago using FT View version 7. Now I had to make some changes and add some things, so I uploaded application and restored in my FT View. Since I have now version 11 before I could open the application the software (FTV) had to convert it from ver. 7 to 11.
When I was done with all changes I created version 7 runtime file and now it no longer works (question marks) on the same HMI. Like I said before. IP addresses, communication paths, etc. is all the same, no change.

I have seen the shortcut get corrupt, not sure how. But I have seen it not work and everything looks correct (just as you state). I would delete the shortcut, recreate, and then setup again. Maybe that is worth a try?

Get us pictures of the HMI having the correct IP and the runtime / design targets being correct.
You have a configuration issue somewhere.
If communications are not the problem then check that your shortcut name matches your tag names.

I guarantee you guys that all tags, communication paths are OK. The application worked before converting it in FT View from 7 to 11 for editing purposes and than back from 11 to 7 when creating runtime application. The conversion creates this issue (whatever it is). I just ended up upgrading firmware on the HMI to version 11 and it works now.
However, thank you all for your ideas.

I've had that exact thing happen except with an earlier version and restoring from apa instead of mer. The workaround for me was to close the software, reboot the PC, and recompile & download the mer file. That's all I did and it "just worked".

One of my repeated perennial FT View bugs that's been there since v4...

I believe I had this happen a couple years ago. I cant remember exactly what it was that I did to fix it, but I believe I click the "replace communications" tab when downloading

Seems like often (maybe always) the design/runtime comm setup and also legacy user security do not come over when restoring an archive. The design part of the target seems ro be pretty smart but the runtime tree if I remember right has to be re-entered manually. Add modules, set IP addresses, etc.. does the runtime part of the target seem to have retiained its setup? I don't think I've ever restored an archive and not had to redo the runtime target setup from scratch.