FactoryTalk Launch name

faeldebrito

I have a FactoryTalk View SE application with 4 clients. These clients are operated from different locations, so I need to somehow identify them through code to perform different actions.
My initial idea would be to put this information in an auxiliary variable, but as all clients would write in this same variable, it would overwrite. If I use more than one variable, then I can't identify via code which variable the specific client is running.
Note: I can't do this through "Computer Groups" or "User" due to internal definitions.

I came to think of some system variable that would inform the launch name or some local variable (that each HMI writes only in its variable, without interfering with the global database), but I don't know if any of these options is possible

I've done this before using some VBA to record the computer name and act accordingly. It was quite a while ago and I no longer have access to that system, so I can't give you any specifics, but it worked.

I've done this before using some VBA to record the computer name and act accordingly. It was quite a while ago and I no longer have access to that system, so I can't give you any specifics, but it worked.

This I know how to do, but I have another problem at this point: the 4 clients are actually remote connections on a terminal service, that is, it ends up being a single computer

How do I have access to sockets?

That, I don't know, perhaps with help from IT? I'm pretty sure that any remote connection service must be able to distinguish each connection in order to send the correct data, even if they are all requesting the same data from your controller.

It has been a while, but check the environment variable CLIENTNAME in the terminal server session. I seem to recall that is the name of the RDP client machine.

I solved this problem, with the following VBA code:

Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
sPSCmd = "powershell -command (Get-ItemProperty -path ('HKCU:\Volatile Environment\' + (Get-Process -PID $pid).SessionID ) -name ""CLIENTNAME"").CLIENTNAME"
Set oExec = oShell.Exec(sPSCmd)
oExec.StdIn.Close

fClienteName = oExecutor.StdOut.ReadAll