Scalance Profinet

mad4x4

Can the XM408 Scalance Switch ( 6GK5408-4GP00-2AM2) be integrated into a Step 7 ( v5.6) project via Profinet so that we can read the switch status. The PLC and the switch are already connected via Ethernet.

Can the XM408 Scalance Switch ( 6GK5408-4GP00-2AM2) be integrated into a Step 7 ( v5.6) project via Profinet so that we can read the switch status. The PLC and the switch are already connected via Ethernet.

I don't know if it's in the HW catalog, but you should be able to use a GSD for it. Either from the Siemens support site or possibly the XM400's web page (load/Save menu)

Similar Topics

I found two Siemens Scalance switches on the network using the same IP address (problem). Turns out they were configured as Profinet devices with...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would like to be able to read useful information in S7 v5.5 about the status of the different ports on my Scalance switch; such as...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have some difficulties with programming a NAT config in my Scalance SC636-2C When programming the NAT-table i'm not able to reach my...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm currently working on some OT network upgrades for my company across two sites. Painfully, the two sites have gone in different...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Quick sanity check - got a PLC addressed as 10.34.62.172 - we don't want to change this address but the factory want to access some data...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom