SIMATIC S7-200, CPU 224 Battery Replacement

ennatwa

Hey everyone,

I apologize if this question has been answered previously.
I need to replace the battery in SIMATIC S7-200 (CPU 224, 214-1BD23-0XB0).

What is the correct and safest step-by-step procedure for battery replacement for PLC above?

Can I replace the battery while PLC and machinery is operating and everything is powered on?

Is there anything that can go wrong with battery replacement I should be aware of?

Thanks & Regards,
Enn

The way I get the guys on site to do it. Backup all the settings to a recipe via an attached HMI, that way if it all goes wrong they can still recover. Make sure that the machine has been powered up for 1/2 an hour to be sure the onboard super-capacitor is charged. Power down, wait for all the LEDs to go off, swap the battery, power up.

There is always a risk powering down that it won't power back up, or that the super-capacitor won't have done its job. There is always a risk having power in the box whilst you are working in there.