Siemens SIMATIC WinCC TIA Portal v14 - Is Indirect tagging Possible?

DenZ_P

Hello Everyone,
Newbie in WinCC here. And started to use WinCC TIA Portal v14.
I want to know how i can create an indirect address for my PLC tags to be link to my WinCC SCADA. I have a WinCC TIA Portal v14 PC Station i am configuring now. And what i want to do is to just simply Create my a tag folder (or is called it tag table in WinCC, bear with me because i am a Ignition SCADA Integrator) of my PLC tags in my HMI tags where that tag folder will be the named after the pump/motor/instrument name.

Now Inside that tag folder are the PLC tags for status, commands, etc.. i.e. Auto mode, Motor Status, Manual. And if i can create that tag folder for my PLC tags in the HMI tags, i can just edit the text of my motor control object and then bind the buttons to the indirect tag which is the name of the tag folder and it will link everything. The i can just instance the motor control object and just change the text field and it will automatically be linked to the PLC tags of inside that tag folder.

Is there a feature like that or somewhat kind of the same idea in WinCC? Please help!

Indirect Tagging.jpg

I am guessing you are using the OPC UA server that is integrated into Ignition, yes ?
I have no experience with either, but I am guessing that your question should be aimed at the OPC UA server.

Or, are you using WinCC as the OPC Server for Ignition ?
Or, are you using Simatic Net as the OPC Server for Ignition ?
In either case I do not think that it is possible to dynamically build tag names together at runtime as you describe.
However, all PLC variables can be setup to be accessible symbolically, especially for Simatic Net where you can just chose to allow all tags to be symbolically accessible, without it resulting in the need for a bigger license.
In WinCC it would cost powertags.
So it could be possible that the OPC Client (Ignition) creates the OPC Tag name to be queried dynamically, and it then accesses a symbolic tag that already exist.