Microsoft RDS Networking issue

mad4x4

The problem we have is that a SERVER 2016 RDS HOST machine will not change the path to read the new SERVER2016 RDS LICENSE server. Instead, it keeps looking at the old one, which failed.

We have tried to execute the Powershell commands on the Host to reconfigure, but it's not working. The only machine that has a broker running is EWS, We have 2 License servers called DOMCONT1 & TERTIARY

Set-RDLicenseConfiguration -LicenseServer @("DOMCONT1.PIPELAY.LOCAL","TERTIARY.PIPELAY.LOCAL") -Mode PerUser -ConnectionBroker "EWS.PIPELAY.LOCAL"

RDS Diagnoser keeps telling us that it cannot contact domcont.pipelay.local which is the old License and domain server that died rather than DOMCONT1.PIPELAY.LOCAL.

2022-08-16_13-57-30.jpg 2022-08-16_13-58-28.jpg

You don't happen to have a GPO configured that's using the old server do you?

Typically, you would just open Server Manager, Go to Remote Desktop Services, Overview and hit the RD licensing under deployment overview to start configuring that server.