VersaMax CPU Communication

rrice0725

I am trying to connect to a new VersaMax CPU (IC200CPU002) via the RS485 port. I have two CPU's. One was taken off a machine and the other is new. I can go online with the old CPU without any issues so I know my setup is correct.

When I first powered the new CPU up I was able to go online and download to it. After a power cycle it is faulted with the light staying steady. When I try to go online the Port 2 light comes on steady for about 15 to 20 seconds, then goes off, and comes back on after another 20 seconds, without ever connecting.

Any ideas? Is there any way to reset the fault without going online?

A quick GOOGLE search indicates that if the Fault light is blinking AND the OK light is off a fatal fault has occurred. They recommend calling product support.

If the fault light is on steady and you are in Stop mode, that is also a fatal indication.

Last edited: