PLC5 Free Memory Status Data File

Snail

Hello everyone,

Does anybody know if it is possible to read the Free Memory words of a PLC5 from a status register? I have a feeling it may not be possible because PLC5 is limited to INT size files and the number of memory words can often times be larger than 65,000.

I'd like to extract that information to an excel sheet to keep a running log of all of our PLC5s available memory since it can be so limited.

I think you will find that that data is generated by RSLogix5, not by the processor, so you would need to open up your copy of RSLogix5 and go to the Controller Properties page to see that data. It can be offline or online but if you have made a change offline and not done a compile then that data is not available.