Resetting a user defined data shift reg

Bobobodopalus

Hi all,
is there an easy way to reset a user defined shift register to 0?
i have a data type containing 8 bools for an array of 10 and would like to set all bools to 0 for each section of the array.

i hope theres a nice and easy instruction for this

No just 8 bools in the data type, FLL just moves it once per pulse right?
Ideally i want to reset all 8 bits of Array[10] in one instruction

for the FLL instruction, you might need an unused instance of the data type that has all of us bools unlatched to 0s, and nothing ever writes to that unused udt:

FLL udt_unused_instance udt_array_tag[0]10

you could even put the unused instance at the end of the existing udt array, as element 10, and then:

FLL udt_array_tag[10] udt_array_tag[0] 10

not exactly.. but what i have doesnt seem to cause an issue..
what i actually have is
reversed shift reg

Go_pls---mode_enable---COP can_colour_shift_reg[0] temp_can_colour_shift_reg[0] 10---COP temp_can_colour_shift_reg[0] can_colour_shift_reg[1] 10

Clear shift reg

NOT mode_enable--COP can_colour_shift_reg[0] can_colour_shift_reg[2] 10

^^ this is repeated for the temp shift reg

in this section i only latch bits in word [2] and beyond so [0] should always be empty.
i did a quick test online on a plc and it did seem to empty it all fine