Rockwell PCDC down - need PF525 dmk files

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all, it seems that the Rockwell PCDC is down for the next 2-3 days, and I need some firmware files for a powerflex 525, v7.001.

Does anyone have the dmk files already on their workstation that they're able to send me?

The forum software only permits a few selected file suffixes. But it doesn't check to see if the suffix actually matches the file contents. Just change to one of the accepted ones and tell us what the correct suffix is when you post it.

The forum software only permits a few selected file suffixes. But it doesn't check to see if the suffix actually matches the file contents. Just change to one of the accepted ones and tell us what the correct suffix is when you post it.

Now it exceeds the size restriction. o_O

Note that the permitted size varies based on file extension, with the highest possible being 2.86 MB.

If you are close to being under that, you can try zipping the file which might decrease size slightly (and the .zip extension is one of the ones with 2.86 allotment).

If you can't get it below that size, you'll have to make other arrangements (temporarily host the file elsewhere, send via email, etc)

Note that the permitted size varies based on file extension, with the highest possible being 2.86 MB.

If you are close to being under that, you can try zipping the file which might decrease size slightly (and the .zip extension is one of the ones with 2.86 allotment).

If you can't get it below that size, you'll have to make other arrangements (temporarily host the file elsewhere, send via email, etc)

Third try I'm out...

Firmware_for_PowerFlex_525_v7.001 (2).zip:
Your file of 535.0 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 397.7 KB for this filetype.

Send me a PM and I'll give you my email address. Lifetime supporting members are allowed to post larger files than regular members. For me the limit on .zip files is 2.86 meg.
Having said that, do you need a tech connect subscription to be able to download those files when Rockwell's site is working? If so, I won't be able to post it. Rockwell is very fussy about content that requires a contract for access and aggressively protects their intellectual property.

Thanks for trying guys, really appreciate it. In the end I managed to find another laptop kicking about that had the firmware already loaded onto it, so I used that laptop.

FYI you don't need a techconnect contract to download firmware.

Lifetime supporting members are allowed to post larger files than regular members.
:doh2:Totally forgot about that
Having said that, do you need a tech connect subscription to be able to download those files when Rockwell's site is working? If so, I won't be able to post it. Rockwell is very fussy about content that requires a contract for access and aggressively protects their intellectual property.
I think firmware files generally don't require tech connect, at least for active products.

EDIT: Can't say for Powerflex, but at least Logix controller firmware has pretty much got to not require TC since they ship without it… at least afaik Rockwell isn't forcing anyone who buys their controllers to become a TC member just to have a usable product (much as they might like to).