You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old July 7th, 2022, 02:05 AM   #16
JustinRBean
South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASF View Post
Not all drives have safe torque off, if yours doesn't you can disregard.

The drive can be configured to look at Modbus, Digital Inputs, or Both. Make sure it's not set to both.

As per my previous post, Reference 1 Source is the parameter you need to look at for sending a speed reference over modbus. Of course you also need to make sure that Reference 1 is selected, but generally it will be selected by default.
Ah thank you. I have set the drive to listen to both Digital Inputs and Modbus. So it might be that. Can't make changes at the moment but will certainly look at that when the load shedding ends.

For content: South Africa has about 8 hours a day at almost random intervals where our power is cut but the employees of the national power provider because they want additional wages increases... makes working to a schedule very difficult.
Old July 7th, 2022, 07:27 PM   #17
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

It's likely that's the case. If you're listening to both digital inputs and modbus, you're probably getting a start signal from modbus and a stop signal from the digital inputs (because the stop signal will be a "0=stop, 1=no stop" arrangement, and your stop input is not connected), and a stop input will override a start input. I don't know this for sure as I've not used Danfoss drives extensively, but on other drives I am more familiar with, that's exactly how it works.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum