Siemens S7-1500 PC based controller

S7-1505S is only available as part of the 1515SP "open controller".
As far as I know, the S7-1507S and S7-1508S are only released for Siemens IPCs.
edit: I have not heard of anyone trying to install S7-1507S/S7-1508S on a non-Siemens PC, so I cannot say how locked-in this is.
I have run other Siemens software on PC hardware for which it was not released.

The older WinAC could be installed on non-Siemens hardware. But WinAC is based on S7-300/400, not S7-1500.

Last edited:
1) to be clear, the RTX software referenced by Rob is the same as the WinAC referenced by JesperMP (called WinAC RTX).

2) When Siemens first released the 1507S, they were saying (unofficially) that at some point non-siemens IPCs would be supported, possibly as a 1509S or something. At some point, they stopped admitting it was even on the roadmap, which isn't promising.

The old system was based on a realtime windows kernal addon, which meant you could do it with any windows PC, because the installer just installed the addon first.

The new system is based on a Hypervisor model, where it distributes the HW of the PC directly to the PLC side and the PC side. My guess is they don't know how to do that for any old PC HW, they can only do it in a deterministic way for defined IPCs.

I think I saw someone trying to install it in a VM once, and it installed, but then on boot the hypervisor had errors and it wasn't usable.

Was looking for alternatives to combat the long delivery times on S7-1500 plcs. Haven't checked the lead times on the Siemens IPC's yet.

Was looking for alternatives to combat the long delivery times on S7-1500 plcs. Haven't checked the lead times on the Siemens IPC's yet.

hello my friend, did you solve the problem, since i want to install the 1507/1508S on a non-simatic IPC, i had try everything, it does not work!
can you help me pls?