DASSIDirect to S7-1500

Andrew Hardy

I have a panel PC running Wonderware, and it has the DASSIDirect server running, I am trying to get it to talk to an S7-1500 PLC but without success. The diagnostic logs tell me it is trying to read data but always fails, and aborts the connection to the PLC.

The question is can DASSIDirect actually communicate to an S7-1500 at all? and if so what are the correct / default TSAP settings etc?

Thanks in advance

Andy

It should be able to.
From memory, there is an enhanced setting that needs to be changed.

Check 'Permit access with Put/Get communication from remote partner.' under protection

What FW is the PLC? What version of Portal? If it's V17, you probably need to enable legacy communications as well. Siemens added a few new security options lately, and I'm thinking they'd mess things up for most third parties.

If the S7-1500 PLC program is made with TIA V15, then you dont have to worry about the new security features from V17.

I am guessing:
1. PUT/GET must be enabled on the S7-1500 CPU.
2. The DBs you are reading from or writing to must be non-optimized.
3. When setting up the connection, be sure to state Rack=0, Slot=1.

If the S7-1500 PLC program is made with TIA V15, then you dont have to worry about the new security features from V17.

I am guessing:
Yes, I did all of that, still not working
DASSIDirect returns a data quality value of 0008 then 0018, then aborts the connection, so it is getting at least part way through the comms cycle.

I am guessing:

A hardware download is sometimes required after making the above changes #1/2: Go offline, compile-hardware rebuild (all), and download to the PLC

Last edited:
DASSIDirect with S7-1500 plc works, if Put/Get is enabled in the S7. I've done this many times.

For symbolic access you have to use the new OI-SIDIRECT server. This works without enabling Put/Get access. But I don't know if they support the TLS feature which came with TIA V17 and newer firmware.

DASSIDirect with S7-1500 plc works, if Put/Get is enabled in the S7. I've done this many times.

For symbolic access you have to use the new OI-SIDIRECT server. This works without enabling Put/Get access. But I don't know if they support the TLS feature which came with TIA V17 and newer firmware.

TLS is not yet supported as there's no way to specify the certificate in the server at this time.