Unable to configure an EtherNet/IP device with the registered EDS version

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. Have been struggling the best part of today with this one issue that I try to explain with the screenshot below. As I show from the EDS installer utility, I have registered version 3 of this armor IO block, and deleted version 1. But in the project, when I try to add this device, it gets installed with version 1 and without the possibility of choosing version 3. It seems to be a problem with the installation. Can't find a fix for this. Does anybody have a hint? Thanks.

1732E_EDS_Problem.jpg

Can you just run it as it looks. with compatible keying? the major and minor firmware won't matter in this case. I'm not sure you can change those for the 1732 modules... any of them.

module definition needs updated. 1 of 2 things needed

Upload and install the following:
EDS file for version 3
AOP file for version 3

you have eds then you need possibly the AOP?
Sometimes devices need the later version for Ethernet scanner card.
Go to compatibility matrix and look at firmware aop eds versions that are compatible with your software verison. See if it throws warnings?

Hello, many thaks for tour comments. This devive is not a flexible modular device, so the EDS includes the communication settings. I did donwnload the corresponding add-on profile. I suspect I have not installed the add-on profile correctly because the configuration screen in which the IO point is set to either input or output looks very different from the illustration in the product's documentation. Will check again tomorrow an post my findings.

just a guess on my part and i could be wrong, so someone correct me if i am.

it might be that an AOI instruction / UDT uses the eds file. if so, you will need to do some modifications to those. Sorry, i just remember something my boss told me and i may have misunderstood him.
james

Hello again. I have done my homework but still no success.

I am suspecting the AOP downloaded from the Rockwell page seems too old, because it is time-stamped with the year 2010.

I think I will have to use generic configuration until I can clarify.

2022-06-02 090940.jpg

OK, I think I have a problem with the APO installation. I found a newer APO for this module, but the installation does not seem to succeed. I wonder whether there is a way to hack the installation and copy manually the required files in the correct folders.

スクリーンショット 2022-06-02 095337.jpg

There's another newer AOP that will fix your problem. You will need to download this from the PCDC.

https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/Home.aspx
Search: 1732E-16CFGM12QCR
Version: 3.011
AOP: AOP - Add On Profiles for 1732E 16points, QuickConnect Module v3.011
File: 1732EQCDiscrete_Release_4.01.02_Signed
Hi, thanks. Yes, I am aware of this AOP, but as I explain in other post, my problem is that I did run the installation of this AOP, however, the installation fails to install the AOP. Waiting for RA's support.