Know a quick and dirty way to convert a 4-20ma to a discrete 24vdc sink input?

JaxGTO

Got a new piece of equipment that has a flow switch on it. But the flow switch is 4-20ma output and we don't have any analog inputs left and the IO rack is full (SLC).
Hoping I could find a quick and dirty way to make the input come on when the analog output get over 12ma.
It's an Anderson FTS-741
Thx, Jack.

circuitbreakerdig_opt.jpeg

I have a question though.

if you are sending an analog output from the PLC... that means you have it internally.

why wouldn't you just forgo the physical input and just run it internally in the ladder instead of trying to trigger a physical input from a physical output?

That's nice, but if you ever find yourself in need of such a device again, just look up "4-20 mA setpoint relay". There are numerous options available.

Here's one: https://www.wici.com/technical/manuals/wici_pdf/io_pdf_files/MM1005_IO_Manual.pdf

That's really cool! I had no idea this was even a thing. It is kind of spendy for just a relay module, but I could see where it could come in handy. I'll have to remember this for isolated, non-plc type troubleshooting.