Hooked 120v to 24v Micro 1400

R-110

Hello,
There was a mix up in information on some redeployed equipment and two of the micro 1400's that came in were hooked to 120v when they should've been 24v. I have changed the fuse on the power board on one of the micros but that still didn't get it to power up. Has anyone else repaired a unit after an incorrect voltage was used? How did you end up getting it to work?

Thank you.

Its Kaput. Dead. Murderized. Vanquished. Executed.

120v AC and 24vDC are totally different beasts. Its not coming back from that.

Fuses protect shorts/overcurrent. not Overvolt(to a point anyway).

I will notify next of kin and make the proper arraignments. Lol thank you for your time! I did teach myself soldering in the process so not all is lost by any means.

I did similar to a MiniGem80 PLC in a Nuclear power site many years ago, due to a drawing error.

At least in them days you could open these things up and see what parts had been melted.....

Nice looking door stop you have there..!

Not exactly the same but I went to commission a S115 system, the customer always insisted on a power conditioner, when I powered up a few sparks, the PLC power supply was set at 110v (as it should be) however, the power conditioner was 240v/240v, so even though it was a 1:1 it was that good the output was 200v, managed to repair the PSU it turned out only the varistor had blown apart & the fuse. It was not our design but APC supplied the wrong one.

I had about the same thing happen, but to a Panelview PLus 7. Rockwell and my LD gave me the runaround on repair. After using it for a paperweight for awhile I ran across PLC Cables, Inc..
They repaired it for me for a fraction of what a new one cost and put a 6 mo. warranty on it.