Forum for PC/104 Single Board Computers

rholowczak

Folks:
Apologies for the off-topic post as I know this forum is mainly focused on PLCs and embedded controllers.

I am working on a control system that will soon outgrow its embedded microcontroller platform. I am researching newer single board computers and have been exploring PC/104 based Single Board Computers.

Is there a different forum where these types of systems are discussed?

Thanks and sorry again if this is an intrusion.

Rich H.

Folks:
Apologies for the off-topic post as I know this forum is mainly focused on PLCs and embedded controllers.

I am working on a control system that will soon outgrow its embedded microcontroller platform. I am researching newer single board computers and have been exploring PC/104 based Single Board Computers.

Is there a different forum where these types of systems are discussed?

Thanks and sorry again if this is an intrusion.

Rich H.

"I am working on a control system that will soon outgrow its embedded microcontroller platform"? What do you mean? Are you working on a project or a general statement ?

Hi andrewwei: Thanks for your note.

My current SBC development platform is based on a Motorola CPU that will soon cease production. Also the users are asking for more functionality such as ethernet and OPC Server support that my current SBC platform does not provide.

So I am looking for a new hardware platform that I can use to start development on the next generation of the control system I have built.

For example, I have been exploring the Arduino Portena H7 and a few different PC/104 based SBCs.