OT-Any source for 1734-IB8S modules

g.mccormick

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone have a source for IB8S modules? I have a order in for 11 of these. The order was placed before Christmas. The estimated ship date keeps moving further and further away, today I was told 4/22 (original estimate was 1/24). The slip in shipping of these modules is impacting project completion schedules.

6 months ago I switched from 1734 safety components to 1791ES bricks because of extreme lead times. Felt lucky getting the (12) I needed because those are now long lead times. Safety components are tough to get, on every project.

Does anyone have a source for IB8S modules? I have a order in for 11 of these. The order was placed before Christmas. The estimated ship date keeps moving further and further away, today I was told 4/22 (original estimate was 1/24). The slip in shipping of these modules is impacting project completion schedules.

Bad thing is you can't buy from an AB distributor out of your area, you have to go to the secondary market and pay the high costs.

The long lead times are supposedly directly from AB. Has anyone every actually bought from WIA?

Ebay seems to be fairly dry, there are adds saying 30+ are available, but they appear to be scams.

It really makes me mad that when I ordered them in December, the date given was mid Jan. That led me to design a system with them, and I have a panel being built right now for them. Luckily the terminal blocks are seperate from the modules so I can get the panel built.

The response I get when I ask WTF is my stuff is that the date quoted when the order was placed is seemingly meaningless.

And it doesn't help that some machine builders are pre-ordering AB components when they get an order and way before they have electrical designs completed and approved. Hoarding?

I heard the issue was a fire in the manufacturing plant, this was before the 'shortage' so even if the shortage settles out you may still have issues finding them, this was only the safety modules

WIA has been alright for my company, though they don't update their website very often and their communication isn't the best. As far as I've seen, they're cheaper than most of the other second hand sellers, but still like at least 3x the cost of buying from an AB distributor.