Should I be able use the AT keyword in TIA Portal

drbitboy

Lifetime Supporting Member
This is what I have:
xxx.png
However, I cannot add an overlay i.e. an AT ... in the data type. There is a description of how to use the AT keyword in the help that comes with my TIA portal.

What am I missing?

TIA

Brian Carcich

Block must be set for non-optimised access.

Thanks for the reply.

Yah, I am sure it is something silly* I overlooked, but it's not that (I am pretty sure I unchecked that box before the OP).

* It is Siemens after all, and they want to be as silly as A-B, only they add unneeded complexity to try to hide it.

yyy.png

Last edited:
P.S. there are only two auto-complete results when I type "A" in [Data Type] cell, and neither is "AT" as predicted by the help file.

yyy.png

1. Have you compiled the block since de-optimizing? Try that.
2. Try collapsing The_reals before adding the AT
3. Delete the row, add a new one in its place, and try selecting the data type before entering the tag name.

1. Have you compiled the block since de-optimizing? Try that.
2. Try collapsing The_reals before adding the AT
3. Delete the row, add a new one in its place, and try selecting the data type before entering the tag name.
Thanks for the ideas ...

1. Yes, no change
2. Done, no change
3. Done, no change

Perhaps my TIA Portal (V14) predates AT functionality?

I started a project from scratch, created the DB, made it standard (not optimized) access, compiled both [Software (Rebuild all)] and [Software (Rebuild all blocks)], added the Real Array and collapsed its row, deleted the (empty) row, and this was the result:

zzz.png