PanelviewPlus 1000 Tag Update rate

Kman13

Hello to the community,

I am new to Rockwell and I have a small problem with a PvP1000(2711P).

Some buttons in the same screen are not refreshing with the same rate as some others. For example, I press a Button AUTO, the machine is running in AUTO but the button turns green after 20sec. That can happen with more than one buttons. If I restart the Panel, maybe the AUTO button will work fine and now another button will have the same problem.

At this point I want to mention that in Display settings the Maximum Tag Update Rate is set to 0,25 sec.

Do you have any ideas what could cause this?

Thank you in advance.

Firmware versions:

ME Station: 10.0.0.290

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=75982
The above thread may help you out.
Regards,

Thank you for your answer but the mentioned post did not really help me. My problem is only the indication of the button's state. When I press the button the bit is setted but the state is not refreshed. If go out of the screen and open it again then it will be updated. Strange is that whenever I restart the Panel, the problem appears to different buttons. So the same button maybe after a new restart will be ok and the problem will be at another.šŸ™ƒ

Welcome to the PLCTalk community !

The PanelView Plus has a reputation for having relatively slow and inflexible screen refreshes: all of the tags on a Display update at the same rate.

But the default of 1 second should be successful. 20 seconds suggests a problem beyond performance.

I recommend test-running the application on a FactoryTalk View development PC so you can see the FactoryTalk Diagnostic Log, or create a Display in your PanelView Plus project that has a diagnostic log object.

My guess is that there is a syntax error somewhere in the project and the tags are being updated in between automatic attempts to optimize tag reads, which can take a long time.

Welcome to the PLCTalk community !

The PanelView Plus has a reputation for having relatively slow and inflexible screen refreshes: all of the tags on a Display update at the same rate.

But the default of 1 second should be successful. 20 seconds suggests a problem beyond performance.

I recommend test-running the application on a FactoryTalk View development PC so you can see the FactoryTalk Diagnostic Log, or create a Display in your PanelView Plus project that has a diagnostic log object.

My guess is that there is a syntax error somewhere in the project and the tags are being updated in between automatic attempts to optimize tag reads, which can take a long time.

Hello Ken,

I deleted all the faulty buttons and I recreated them. Now it seems to work. Something went wrong but I do not know what. Thanks for your answer. I will have it on mind for the future.