OT: Just when you thought you seen it all

One more thing.....
Why the wire nut? The black wire looks long enough to reach that "connection point".šŸ‘

so he didn't have to turn the screw in under load ... duh

I wondered the same thing....

I really like it ....screw centered on wire workmanlike hahaha man that is a good one

a good job of awfulness

Last edited:
Hey Bullzi, ask your friend where this was at. I saw the same picture on a Facebook post in the Navy Electricians Mates group (yes I am a proud member of that group). From the looks of the wires it appears to be residential (the wires at the top look like they are Romex) and none of us could definitely say the source of this. I have seen some serious safety no-nos in berthing areas on a ship, especially from aviation electricians who did not understand that planes are not wired the same as a ship or a building. Since Ive been out I have seen some questionable workmanship, but never anything as bad as your picture.

Isn't this an example of the step-down transformer suggested either this April first or last year? I think you get varying voltage by the distance the screw is turned in.

Last edited:
One more thing.....
Why the wire nut? The black wire looks long enough to reach that "connection point".šŸ‘

Quick change... they also have another wire (just out of the pic) that they can make hot when they need it, if they had to unscrew the left handed (as Mickey said) they would not be able to do it fast enough... as they only have one left handed Phillips screwdriver

Yeah I hate it when people mix up wire colors like that!
Obviously being line voltage the wire should be black.

Isn't this an example of the step-down transformer suggested either this April first or last year? I think you get varying voltage by the distance the screw is turned in.

I once had a guy wire a 240V 3Ƙ motor to 480 by counting all the strands in the wires & cutting off half of them (half the power from a 480 line is 240 - right???)