Need Some PLC 5 Help

Do your 5/60's have the 8 pin mini connection on the front? (I think this was introduced on 'enhanced' variants) If so you should be able to directly connect to that port with your 1784-U2DH+ without any connector interference and get online using DH+ direct to that controller. If the DH+ network is down you won't see the other controllers of course. If you don't have the 8 pin mini connection, you can use an 8 pin to DP9/25 adaptor. I thought someone on the site sold those, but it's been a few years since I looked.

DH+ was always pretty straight forward when I had to deal with it. Both PCMK card and USB worked well. PCMK had more configuration to do in RSLinx. I don't recall if you had any configuration items with the USB drive, but be sure the speed switches are set correctly.

Also be aware of your DH+ node address, I would always use a high number like 59 to avoid 0 because not everyone changed the node address out-of-the-box from my experience.

Remember that blue hose is used for both DH+ and RIO networks, and in my experience are always a big mess.

Yes they have they mini din ports one for each channel and they connect to to A on each channel like this manual http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1785-um012_-en-p.pdf PDF page 23.

So I should be able to connect via data highway on channel 1 because 1 A is setup for DH+? This works even with no network / resistors attached?