SE, parameter files and addressing.

Justshoot

First software is Factory talk SE, plc is controllogix.
The first program old, if you go to the Hotbus_Mapping, rung 0. You can see that once we get on the job we program in the addresses for the AOI (F5008B-8T). for instance the LEG_1_HB has addresses 61, 60, 32, and 33. The parameter file starting with number #28 is the temp_set_abv were we program the same information into those addresses #28, #29, #30, #32 as the AOI. The pic (leg_1 pic ) the highlighted box is how its displayed and entered in and is a numeric input, the value entered here is stored in #28, which is invisible based on user logged in.

Now our customer wants more information but with warning set points so on and so forth. So to try and stream line this process for each piece of equipment. Instead of 4 or 6 parameters we would have 16 or 24. Which is just a pain when there maybe 60 pieces of equipment. So I modified one of the AOI’s which is the new program.
Look in the HOTBUS_MAPPING same as the first program AOI is just called different.

Thinking I could reference the addresses through the parameter file so that it looks at the AOI programmed address but writes the information entered into the various arrays. I.E. TEMP_SET_ABV, TEMP_SET_WABV,TEMP_SET_ABS, AND TEMP_SET_WABS.
So this in the parameter file above “#28={[HAZ_MON]TEMP_SET_ABV[60]} “ I thought I could do this "#28={[HAZ_MON]TEMP_SET_ABV[{[HAZ_MON]LEG_1_HB.BS1_Address]}" but tells me the tag doesn’t exist. So I figured syntax, but after changing it around it still didn't work. Wondering now if Factory Talk SE even capable of this.

Hope that makes sense.

http://uploadingit.com/file/vryariqdouwzo3fn/files.rar
http://uploadingit.com/file/wmps6y6z091xnalv/files.zip

Last edited: