Unable to download projekt to the PLC unit

TheGong

Hi Everyone,

I'm unable to download the project to the PLC.

I have put the servos to the project and tried to download.

Both verifying the controller and build goes fine with zero errors. but when I download the project it verifies everything and starts downloading. But when downloading Control TAGS it stops and cancels the download. And gives the following error:

Downloading all Controller Tags...
Error: $72a7e12a$: Couldn't be found.
Error: Failed to download tags.
Cancelling download...
Complete - 2 error(s), 125 warning(s)

Have anybody had this kind of problems

HI,

Yes sorry I forgot that from the msg.
PLC = Allen-Bradley 1756-L83ES, And the servo Drives aer 2094-EN02D-M01-S0

I found a couple of Tech Notes that discuss similar issues but not exactly. They suggest exporting the project to .L5K and re-importing it into a blank project to generate a new .ACD file, then downloading it. Have you tried that?

also check for tasks/routines that have declared tags but no code associated with them. so possibly there are still tags in a task but the routine it was associated with is gone now.

I found a couple of Tech Notes that discuss similar issues but not exactly. They suggest exporting the project to .L5K and re-importing it into a blank project to generate a new .ACD file, then downloading it. Have you tried that?

Being that this is a solution to a number of problems, I wish they would meet us half way on this and just added it to the menu. "We're not actually going to fix the problems, but we gave you File > Enema as a workaround" -Rockwell.