Voltage presence relay?

A relay comes to mind ?, if energised a contact is closed, if not it is open. so no voltage. however, you would need another source for what ever the output does, or is this too simple, unless you need to detect threshhold i.e. below a certain level.

A relay comes to mind ?, if energised a contact is closed, if not it is open. so no voltage. however, you would need another source for what ever the output does, or is this too simple, unless you need to detect threshhold i.e. below a certain level.
That's what came to mind for me too, until I read the last line of the post...

DC voltage up to 1200VDC.
Not sure I've ever come across a relay with a 1200VDC coil!

The thing MikeyN linked too certainly has the right specs, but did you see the size of it!?

Also, designed for rail use = $$$$

g.mccormick what is the application / industry where this 1200VDC exists in?

I mean in theory you can just build a simple voltage divider with two resistors, drive an op-amp into saturation and switch a small relay with the output of that, but I don't know that I'd feel comfortable with anything I rolled myself at 1200VDC.