solar power

This is going Off Topic, but I have bees in my bonnet :).

I don't blame the energy companies for the prices we are paying. In an open market they don't set the price, it is strictly a 'supply and demand' equation. Putin reduced the supply and there hasn't so far been any great reduction in demand. There are new supplies coming in but it takes time to build the infrastructure needed. I don't even blame Putin for reducing supply, it is an obvious thing to do to punish your enemies suppliers if you are in a war. I can't believe it when the Governments in Europe complain that Putin is weaponising energy supplies. If you didn't see that coming then you really shouldn't be in politics. Having said all that, of course the reason for the war falls completely on the shoulders of Putin. Things will even out, Russia will loose the European market, will need new customers and so will supply more energy to China, India and the east, the previous suppliers to China and India will supply to Europe. Energy will cost more because supplies have to travel further.

Still ranting :)
Going to channel my Dad's spirit here. In the winter when it was cold, when I was a young kid, we had a coal fire in one room. Mum or Dad used to get up before us and use a gas p o k e r to light the coal. We lived, played and watched TV in that room. When we watched TV we all got under a large and warm blanket. Before I went to bed Mum used to put a hot water bottle in my bed to take the chill off, and I slept under multiple blankets and an eirderdown (what would be called a quilt now). So I get very annoyed when the newspapers and politicians are now panicking about how will cope this winter. If everybody turns down the heat, wears extra clothes, sleeps under loads of covers we will survive. 'Keep calm and wear an extra vest'.

I can't believe it when the Governments in Europe complain that Putin is weaponizing energy supplies. If you didn't see that coming then you really shouldn't be in politics.

This one's tricky, particularly in Germany (though the same applies in other countries on different topics) where people have this stupid fear of nuclear power.

Politicians are in politics to be elected since that's how you get a paycheck (or cushy job afterwards)... you're not going to be elected on a platform of telling people they have misplaced fears and are a bunch of idiots falling in the hands of a larger country that historically has done what we see now every couple of decades. This also makes it very easy for your political opponents to sling **** at you or come out with a "project fear" of their own. So obviously, politicians put themselves and immediate party's aspirations ahead of long term national success. I won't go in to corruption, though that too is likely to have happened (even if indirectly).

Personally I'm not that afraid of cold... I am however Southern European and the heat scares the bejeezus out of me. I can always put on better/thicker clothes, I can't take my skin off to cool down.

heat scares the bejeezus out of me
Completely agree, I am of a larger stature :) and loosing heat isn't easy. But.... the heat is about climate change, not directly about energy supplies, we can't blame Putin for climate change, or can we, hmmmm....
Besides I am from Up North in the UK, and we generally keep wearing an extra vest till the temperature hits 25C. After 25C we strip down, put a knotted handkerchief on our heads and complain about how hot it is :). Before going for a nice hot cup of tea.

@BryanG.
+1

Yes Putin has 'weaponized' gas and oil supply. Quite obvious and no surprise. EU's response shall be that oil and gas gets rationed and prices be set by EU decree. It is called rationing and is what one does when there is a war - and yes we are already in an economical war with Putain.
I am glad that political awareness and agreement on this seems to gain momentum.

I also agree that we have become unnaturally accustomed to a level of comfort that would have been unbelievable for our ancestors. When it comes to this (not the war of course) it is an opportunity to (re)learn that we can easily cope with such hardship and also an incentive to roll back of our dependency on oil and gas in general and from russia in particular.

Trump warned about becoming dependent on Russia's gas. No one listened.

JesperMP is right about having comfort that wasn't accessible to our fore fathers. Most of us are descendants of pretty tough and adaptable people so don't be wimps. When I was in college we had a barracks like sleeping porch where the windows always had to be open even when it was freezing outside. I don't remember it being hot since I was on summer break when it was hot.
I have not doubt the EU will easily survive. I just wonder about the EU's industry.

Last year I went camping when it was 115 degrees F but fortunately the humidity dropped to 21% so it was a "dry heat". I didn't use my air conditioning. I had two spray bottles that i had filled with cold water. I used wash rags that I wet a put around my neck. The spray bottles and wash rags alternated being around my neck a in the refrigerator.

This year it only got to 98 degrees F at the same camp ground.

Are you guys aware of WION, the world is one network? They are on YouTube. It is an Indian network that is supposedly unbiased unless it is against the Chinese. The WION is critical of both the EU and the US. Recently they have been critical of the EU going back to coal.

OT, sad to hear about the queen. She was the only queen most of us had ever known.

She was the only queen most of us had ever known.
There are parts of Manchester City Centre where you couldn't say that was true :) :)
Sometimes they even wear crowns!!

Didn't know about about WION, will add it to my news sources, thank you.

I do go to https://www.aljazeera.com/ most days, again you get world news but with more coverage for the Mid East / East, and they often have a different perspective. Based in Doha in Qatar but fortunately with a version in English. They have won awards worldwide for their reporting.

I work for a solar project developer and installer, and might be able to provide some useful info. But first, I'd need to know a little more about your project. As far as interconnection voltage, important factors will be the overall layout of your electrical system, and location of the solar array relative to the potential interconnection points.