PV+ 1250 V5.0 and V13 of FT Studio for ME

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am working on a project where i need to modify screens on an old PV+1250 with V5.0 firmware. I can import the application fine into FTME Studio, but the lowest version i can compile is V6.

Apparently this model of PV+ will not support V6.0 firmware.

can lower firmware versions be imported into FT Studio for ME?

I am working on a project where i need to modify screens on an old PV+1250 with V5.0 firmware. I can import the application fine into FTME Studio, but the lowest version i can compile is V6.

Apparently this model of PV+ will not support V6.0 firmware.

can lower firmware versions be imported into FT Studio for ME?

You cannot and this frustrates me to no end. This was the case in v12 when it was released. Eventually they released a patch that allowed you to make v5 runtimes. I was told this would not happen for v13.

Our reps basically said, tell your customers that their hardware is old and they should replace it. Which is an obnoxious response. Besides, when my customer buys a new PVP7-10" to replace their perfectly functioning one, simply because they wanted a button added, IT DOESN'T FIT IN THE SAME HOLE!!!!!

EDIT: Also, let's say they find a v6 terminal and swap it out. When you make a v6 runtime it is forced to "Never allow conversion". Which is also stupid.

Last edited:
You cannot and this frustrates me to no end. This was the case in v12 when it was released. Eventually they released a patch that allowed you to make v5 runtimes. I was told this would not happen for v13.

Our reps basically said, tell your customers that their hardware is old and they should replace it. Which is an obnoxious response. Besides, when my customer buys a new PVP7-10" to replace their perfectly functioning one, simply because they wanted a button added, IT DOESN'T FIT IN THE SAME HOLE!!!!!

EDIT: Also, let's say they find a v6 terminal and swap it out. When you make a v6 runtime it is forced to "Never allow conversion". Which is also stupid.

Okay, I have my answer. Thanks

To solve this problem and a few other, I created a Windows XP virtual machine and run FTView Studio v8.10 (last version officially supported). This eliminated all the issues with using a 64bit OS and other issues when working with old panelview plus. I also have Panelbuilder32 on that VM since it doesn't like newer versions of RSlinx. Its also nice to have for old versions of RSlogix5000 that doesn't always play nice with Windows 10.

If you wish, you can do all the development on your new machine in V13, then save .MER that is v8.10 or earlier. You can then restore it on XP VM and create the 5.10 .MER when you are ready to download it. Its a PITA, but works nice if you are making big changes or reusing old hardware for a new process.

The only option is to keep a VM for old software..... until rockwell flat out refuses to give out any activations for old software that is...

like stated, v11 does it no problem back to 5.0, v12 will only do it if you patch it. and v13.... supposedly is a no go for anything old.