We live in interesting times

I didn't realize that destoyed cable and hacked a part case were considered cosmetic. If that is the case I dumpstered a whole bunch of items that I could have got some serious money for.

The seller has a better looking one listed as "parts only" for the same price.

somebody let the intern do the ebay listing ;)

looks like you could make out good for the parts only one at 50 bucks I saw, maybe that one is the real cosmetic damage one.

I've seen quite a few weird listings like this and my thought is that it NOT what they're selling - just something to make the listing look legal.

A couple years ago a guy listed every individual component off a stripped down photocopier. A small gear, a rod, a motor, etc. Every listing was Buy-It-Now for $10,000 each with $500 shipping, I'm guessing that when that crate of drugs (or mail-order bride) showed up that piece would probably be with it.