Export online DB values to Excel in Simatic Manager

sskcoepge

Hello,

Currently I am working on a project in which I need to export online data from a shared data block DB in Simatic Manager to excel sheet after every equal interval of time (say after every 10 seconds). The online data is constantly changing with time. After every 10 seconds the updated data from DB should be exported to excel, but without overwriting the existing data exported earlier in excel sheet.Is there any way of implementing this?

Thanks

Donno how you do it... OPC ? HMI device ?

If you have a panel, then use a script that is called every 10 seconds, use append method.

Hello,

Currently I am working on a project in which I need to export online data from a shared data block DB in Simatic Manager to excel sheet after every equal interval of time (say after every 10 seconds). The online data is constantly changing with time. After every 10 seconds the updated data from DB should be exported to excel, but without overwriting the existing data exported earlier in excel sheet.Is there any way of implementing this?

Thanks

Thanks... I am trying with the OPC option.
I think instead of using DB locations, if memory locations in PLC (Siemens S7 300) are used and direct connection is established between PLC and OPC server.....then later making Excel application in PC as OPC client....it may be possible to read the values at memory locations and log them at equal interval of time.
I think in Simatic Manager there is a way of configuring the OPC server, but I am not aware of how to configure it.Any idea about it?
Also, in Simatic Manager there is a way of reading online memory values in Variable table.But I couldn't get any functionality in Variable table to export the values.
Can someone please help? Thanks...

Donno how you do it... OPC ? HMI device ?

If you have a panel, then use a script that is called every 10 seconds, use append method.

I think in Simatic Manager there is a way of configuring the OPC server, but I am not aware of how to configure it.Any idea about it?
You should use Simatic OPC Server for this. It has built in configurator, which can import S7 projects. After you can simply connect to OPC Server and get all data in DB.

Last edited:
You should use Simatic OPC Server for this. It has built in configurator, which can import S7 projects. After you can simply connect to OPC Server and get all data in DB.

Thanks ssantiago...what are the hardware/software requirements for configuring the Simatic OPC server. How to configure it?
I am using Siemens S7300 PLC, Simatic Manager STEP7 V5.4, CP 5611 card. Thanks...

I don't remmember requirements for S7 OPC Server, but it seems like you have all nececary things.
Configuring of it was wery simle. After instaling you have launched server and its agent in system tray. From agent you can launch configurator. Here you should configure connection and plc. In main indow of configurator there are two tabs. At tab 2 it's necesry to set "chanel 1" (if i'm not mistaken in terminology) as "S7 OPC Connection". At tab 1 you creates new connection you configures data of s7 programm. For that tab good context help. After it just start server.
I was saving data to text file via small C# programm, I wrote myself.