How can I scale an analog output in Omron CX-Programmer?

strantor

Omron noob here. I'm trying to make a 12-bit DAC with an Omron CPM2C + MAD11. I have figured out the addressing and when I move the input word (0, 12 digital inputs) to the output word (10, analog output card) I get 6.83V out of the analog card. I need this full scale to be 10V, which means I need to scale the number up by a factor of 1.464. I cannot figure out how to do this. The software will not let me multiply by a decimal value, so I figured I could multiply by 1464 and then divide by 1000, but the software also will not accept the binary conversions of these numbers because they are too long. I have tried using the hex versions of these numbers and I get very odd outputs. I cannot figure out the instructions for the scaling function; it seems I need 4 data points, but it only allows entry of a single data point. How should I go about this?

The Scale instruction all use multiple channels (registers) for the middle node. This address is the first of four or five consecutive addresses depending on the instruction.

The MAD11 is looking for a hex value in the output word.
0 - 10vdc = 0 - 1770hex (0-6000 decimal).

The W353 manual has very good information on the expansion modules and should be helpful. This manual also will explain all the instructions in detail.

Hope this will help.

Last edited:
How accurate does it need to be???
If you multiply your switches by 16 and divide by 11 that will give you a 1.454 multiplier and won't overflow the registers in the CPM2C.