Help - RSLogix Micro Starter Lite

swedeleaner

Hello, first assignment with A-B stuff.
The CPU is a MicroLogix 1000.
Have a serial interface, so RS Linx Classic to edit the driver (AB-DF1) with COM-port and speed. If everthing is correct i should be able to Go Online in RSLogix Micro?

How do i perform a complete backup now?
PLC-program, registers, hardware settings etc.

DO I use Comms-->Upload to do a complete upload in RSLogix Micro?

Does RSLogix 5000 use RSLinx Classic as well?
Or how do you setup communications in RSLogix 5000?

Watch the video is shows you step by step...

Does RSLogix 5000 use RSLinx Classic as well?
Or how do you setup communications in RSLogix 5000?

Yes RSLinx is the communication software and RSLogix 5000 is the programming software

The CPU is a MicroLogix 1000.
5000 will not work on a 1000, you must use RSLogix 500 or the free Micro Starter

5000 or Studio is for CompactLogix and ControlLogix

No you will need the full version of RSLogix 500, they have several different versions, I think they start around 1000USD for a version that will work with the 5/03 and the PRO version cost around 4,000 last I check.