HSC block and Encoder

moelsayed

Hello Everyone,

Please I am doing an application now using CPU 1500 and encoder type sick VDF60A connect to the PLC through remote I/O and module TM Count 1*24vdc + using HSC block.

I am trying to monitor the speed of the motor.

my problem is I am getting value but the value seems not correct and very low value add to that I am getting StatusUp and StatusDown output signals from HSC block active but the motor still running in the same direction.

And when I checked again the wiring and I believe I am connecting A with A and B with B phases but the point here is I am getting feedback from A and B at the same time then the error is happening.

error signal is true and Error ID is 16#80A2

Please any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sayed

Hello Everyone,

Please I am doing an application now using CPU 1500 and encoder type sick VDF60A connect to the PLC through remote I/O and module TM Count 1*24vdc + using HSC block.

I am trying to monitor the speed of the motor.

my problem is I am getting value but the value seems not correct and very low value add to that I am getting StatusUp and StatusDown output signals from HSC block active but the motor still running in the same direction.

And when I checked again the wiring and I believe I am connecting A with A and B with B phases but the point here is I am getting feedback from A and B at the same time then the error is happening.

error signal is true and Error ID is 16#80A2

Please any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sayed

Can you please list the hardware, which S7-1500?, Which IO (interface Module) and which TM_Count?

I haven't worked with TM_Count in years and last I remember TM-Count 1x24 works with a technology object (and other direct method) and not HSC.
TM-Count 2x24 works with HSC and although it can be connected to an s7-1500 directly I have no idea which interface module it may work with.

What exactly do you have, how about screen shots of you hardware?

The manual says it should be:
A- brown
B- black
N- yellow
or
A white
B pink
N purple

Red 24v (terminal 15)
blue GND (terminal 12,14,16)

The manual for the TM count module does say that the HSC technology instruction is the right thing to use.

Your error code gives this: ENC_ERROR from feedback interface: Incorrect encoder signal.
Is it possible you're mixing up A with B- for your feedback?

I checked the wirining but they are connected correctly,
Please tell me how can I attach the images for the HSC parameters

Try changing the filter(input delay) to the lower possible value.
What do you have have the signal type configured for?

Use Microsoft "Snipping tool to take a picture of something and then when you are creating a post, click on "Go Advanced" if you are not already there and click on attachment icon in the top toolbar.

signal type.PNG filter.PNG

Try changing the filter(input delay) to the lower possible value.
What do you have have the signal type configured for?

Use Microsoft "Snipping tool to take a picture of something and then when you are creating a post, click on "Go Advanced" if you are not already there and click on attachment icon in the top toolbar.

I have the all the configuration in here in the attachment, but I will try Kalabdel configuration to see the result

HSC.jpg

I gave your the wrong filter setting. The one I meant is posted in your picture under additional parameters, you can change that to higher value if there's one. Maybe 200KH
Does the error happen on slow speeds?

Before playing with any of that, answer JRW's question to, to yourself at least and make sure you do have a signal. Try to move the encoder so slow that you see the LED blink on and off.
But even before all that make sure you complied and download the hardware. Everytime you change a setting you need to do that.
I can't remember the specifics for this hardware but usually right clicking and selecting from the context menus something along the lines of "complied and download hardware only"

the situation as in below:
- Terminal A has 24vdc
- Terminal B has 24vdc when I am moving Encoder wheel by my hand very very slow.

- when I am moving Encoder by my hand Led A will be on then Led B will be on and so on.

- when the machine start running you find almost A and B leds are on at the same time which doesn't make sense and the error will be happened

Looks like your encoder is working

Lets try another test

Switch "signal type" to Pulse A and only have the A channel wired (not B or N)

Whats happens??
Let us know

Looks like your encoder is working

Lets try another test

Switch "signal type" to Pulse A and only have the A channel wired (not B or N)

Whats happens??
Let us know

sorry to be sure I understood correctly: so you need to connect only Pulse A and disconnect B and N, without changing HW configuration ( with the current configuration ) correct ?

if yes so I did that but at this moment I did not get any ready or count on HSC block

the situation as in below:
- Terminal A has 24vdc
- Terminal B has 24vdc when I am moving Encoder wheel by my hand very very slow.

- when I am moving Encoder by my hand Led A will be on then Led B will be on and so on.

- when the machine start running you find almost A and B leds are on at the same time which doesn't make sense and the error will be happened

OK, I am just about to fire the software now will have a look at a few things.

First, this is usually very straight forward and easy to get it started, though using it is a bit complex. But you should not get any errors.

The LED are most likely blinking but too fast for your eyes to see them.

The important question that needs clarification, you do not get errors when going slow...yes or no?
Can you run the motor or turn the encoder at slow speed for a long period, for testing purposes?