software protocol convereter

apetkov5

Hi all!

Company have dedicated PC software that runs on Windows and communicate with PLC via Modbus TCP (reading from and writing to few PLCs). Software do some calculus and statistics, etc...

Communication can not be set to anything else modbus tcp, there is only possibility to change plc ip adress, and port.

Now there is problem

There is some "new" added PLCs in system, that can be reached only trough OPC server, not directly via Modbus TCP.

Is there any program that can act as OPC server (and connect plcs via ethernetIP, s7, etc.. - on "first side") and - on "second side" act as modbus tcp slave?

So, idea is to use that (?) software to connect plc, reach data and make local modbus slave with data reached via opc. On same PC, i will run company dedicated sftware that read data via modbus tcp.

Any possibility?

BR

Hello,

PeakHMI has has an OPC DA and UA client as well as a MODBUS TCP slave driver all included.

You can download a trial version from here.
We also just introduced a 64 point license for $147.

• 64 tags
  • 5 communication ports (all communication drivers included)
  • 32 trend loggers
  • 4 reports
  • 4 video cameras
  • All features of the full priced PeakHMI included.
  • Version 15.8.24.0 or greater
  • 30 days of support and free upgrades

Look up Software Toolbox, they have an assortment of that kind of thing.
Also Prosoft has a OPCUA to MBTCP gateway device, I'm sure there are more.