Panelview Standard to Panelview Plus 7 Conversion

Tim Ganz

I have a failing Panelview connected to a SLC 5/04 over DH-485 using a pair of SLC 500 Link couplers as the PLC and HMI are about 125 feet apart

My plan is to swap out the existing 5/04 and change to a 5/05 and use Ethernet to connect the new HMI to the SLC PLC

I am using the PV Standard to PV Plus 7 conversion guide from Rockwell to pick my new PV hardware and my PV standard is a model # 2711-T10C3X Rev C and FRN 4.48 and is 120 VAC Powered.

My issue is in the conversion guide I can only find 2711-T10C3 and not a model with the X at the end nor can I find anything in the Panelview standard on what the X means but it has to be fairly common because I was looking on eBay for spares as we have several of the machine purchased at the same time originally and on eBay I found 6-7 units with the part # 2711-T10C3X.

Just wanted to do some checking before I order the new PV+ 7

iirc Rockwell used an 'X' at the end of the part number to indicate that the unit is refurbished as opposed to new.

That is informative. I have a couple more questions.

It says on this part # that since it's DH 485 the RS 232 port is used for printing only and not DF1 so can someone help me figure out what cable I need to pull the application off this thing?

Also in the conversion guide, the model it gives me appears to be discontinued and only the DC version is available now.

And third, the conversion guide only shows panel view plus 7 performance models so what is the deal with panel view plus 7 standard? Is there a separate migration guide?

If I remember correctly standards limit the screen count to I think 100 as of v12 of ME and are ethernet only. They still are programmed in FT ME.