O/T Enclosures

I have used SEW, Hoffman, Wiegmann, and Rittal when i was in the panel building business for an oem. we went with price for a while and due to delivery dates. We went a new panel manufacturer (not named above) and quality was great for a while, but got shoddy. went back to the ones named above, mainly Hoffman and Rittal. the quality is pretty much equal to me.
james

dishwasher safe

On the lighter side, consumers have the same environmental performance concerns and I found this listing on Amazon recently - a surge protector rated "dishwasher safe".

dishwasher-safe.jpg

I have found minor quality differences among the major makers. A very few Weigmann enclosures have delivered with minor defects, like an ugly weld or a clamp screw that is boogered up a bit, nothing worth sending it back so far. I have had one or two arrive without all the backplate nuts and have had to order print pockets separately where I know they used to ship with one included.

We've also used Saginaw with good results, probably as good as Weigmann, less money in some cases. Hoffman boxes are probably better overall quality, and have only used one or two Rittal and found them to be very nice.

We use a lot of fiberglass and polycargonate boxes in chemical feed rooms and I like the Integra Genesis and Machobox series I can get from A/D better than the Allied Moulded we used in the past.

No real complaints with either Rittal or Hoffman enclosures, almost always been fantastic quality. Did have one hiccup on a stainless Rittal panel with another panel door inside (outdoor application) where both doors were open and blowing in the wind and the two doors were close together and swung in the direction of closing and the interior panel door broke part of the closure mechanism (picture attached). As far as the panels themselves go, they're always really good quality from either manufacturer.

IMG_9456.jpg

At a previous employer, it was almost exclusively Rital based on pricing and delivery. Never experience any quality issues.

Here its Hoffman. I have had quality issues with them. The most recent was a six foot back plane would not fit the wardrobe cabinet because all the stud were a half inch off.
Took three weeks to get a new one.