Rslogix5000 software version

daniel yang

My comptuer is 64 bit OS and Install studio5000 versio 30. my question is can I install version 19 software on it? Anyone have run version 19 on 64 bit windows 10 laptop? Need help!:confused:

I haven't had any compatibility issues running any version of RSLogix5000/Studio 5000 on my Win10 64 bit machine(s), even as low as V15 and V16. Some versions have innate bugs (some minor revisions of V20 I believe, perhaps 20.03?) but I haven't had any actual issues with Windows itself (knock on wood).

EDIT: For reference, I regularly use versions 15, 16, 21, 23, 24, 30, and 32.

Last edited:
We run ver11,13,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,28,30,31,32 and 33 at our work with W10 64bit, no problems apart from not having enough activations for all our staff.

Last edited:
I run v16 to 34 and follow Rockwell's advice to have the compatibility set to Run As Administrator and run in Vista SP2 mode. I set them under the Change Settings For All Users window.

Also, you have to set these for Launcher and each version Developer program.

Version 19 is not officially supported on Windows 10. Version 20 is.

From personal experience, V19 can be a bit flaky on win10. Sometime, it opens fine, sometime it just stuck on the splash screen. This is not an one time or one PC thing. I have seen this behavior on quite a few laptops. finally, I just bite the bullet and upgraded all the logix processors we got to at least V20 so I dont' have to mess with 19 anymore even though the software is still installed on my PC.

FT view

I used to run FT view v9 under windows7 32 bit os. I lost my laptop. in my new one windows 10 64 bit os, I want to download windows 7 32 bit os with VM system. But I can not find where i can download this software. can anyone share your experience with that? I am frustrated now. need help!

I think if you want to go the strictly legal route (which I recommend), the easiest way is to buy an OEM license from a third party, like on eBay or something like that. Something to keep in mind is that I believe Win7 is no longer receiving security updates, so that's not great if you're going to be connected to the internet. If not, I can't think of any issues if you can find a license.

We have a client running v13, v16, v19 and v20 of RSLogix 5000 and v32 Studio 5000 on their engineering station, which a windows 10, 64 bit with no issues except for v20.01 which had some issues opening projects due to a Microsoft.Net framework update that's since been resolved.

We have a client running v13, v16, v19 and v20 of RSLogix 5000 and v32 Studio 5000 on their engineering station, which a windows 10, 64 bit with no issues except for v20.01 which had some issues opening projects due to a Microsoft.Net framework update that's since been resolved.
V20. 01 has some big issues, and is not compatible with v20.03 CPU's or projects.

Suggest to your client they upgrade to v20.05, it fixes the bugs and is compatible with both older versions

Thanks will give him the suggestion and hopefully try it out.

We found a workaround for the microsoft.net framework update issue that was causing problems for v20.01 by running the rslogix.exe file as administrator, that seems to solve the problem of opening v20.01 projects.