Can't ping compactlogix L30ER

dduquette2141

Hi All

I have a Compactlogix L30ER, its on a network with a Wago 750-363, and a Keyence safety controller.
PLC- 10.40.8.10
Safety- 10.40.8.11
Wago- 10.40.8.12

I set the IP addresses of all the hardware. The PLC took the IP address over USB. I can see it in the project file and in RSLinx. Unfortunately I can not see the PLC in the ethernet device driver and I can not ping it either. I spoke with someone they told me to set up a new driver in linx and if that doesn't work to Compact Harmony. I set up the new driver and it seemed to work. I could now go online with it and see the safety control in the project tree, BUT NOT the Wago IO. So I tried the compact Harmony in RSlinx and now I am back to square one. I can no longer see the PLC in linx or ping it.
In a last stitch effort I Flashed the firmware again to no avail.
I saw a video where someone one was having a similar issue and they went into the program files for RSCommon and deleted the Harmony files so I tried that as well.
I should add that I can not see the Wago Fieldbus coupler in RSlinx either but have no problem accessing it through my web browser.

Last edited:
What IP range are you on? If you want to see both, you need to set the subnet mask to 255.255.0.0

subnet mask 255.255.255.0 will only let you see 10.40.8.xxx OR 10.40.7.xxx. If you want to narrow it a bit, 255.255.240.0 will get you 10.40.0.xxx to 10.40.14.xxx

Both the PC and the PLCs have to be set like this!

Last edited:
I want to recommend something just to be sure of the validy of the physical connections. If you use Wireshark you would need a managed switch with mirroring port function to try to get communication between the field devices. But for this one test you do not need special switch, as I am suggesting trying to get the ARP requests of the devices when you plug them to the switch, as the ARP are broadcast packages that get sent to all ports. So the test is easy, start the Wireshark for the LAN card connected to the switch, then plug and unplug the cabel for the three devices and stop the capture to see what ARP data is comming from these devices, and analyze what you get.