OMRON SYSMAC CP1L Input red light

patanasov

Hi everyone!

I have an issue with some Omron CP1L-E PLC's. They're connected to get the info from production machines, but I've noticed that they're many red lights on my inputs. What does that mean? I searched about that but I cannot find anything related to this in the Omron Manuals. They only talk about the 'ERR/ALM' red light.

BUWzk62.png

This is probably a PLC that is connected to other PLC's what is often called a data concentrator (the reason I say this is that from the pic it seems there are only a few inputs connected but cannot see all the inputs) these are often used in two ways, digital input (and possibly digital out) and communications, the idea is to use one or more PLC's dotted around the plant gathering information from other machines, this is then often sent to a higher level system like a Scada for display & logging purposes.
Yes those lights mean inputs 00, 01, 02 are on.