Time_delay_interrupt

adam_lhadi

HI everyone as a beginner i have been working with the time delay interrupt to understand how it works

the SRT_DINT instruction starts the counting with a negative edge in EN input

when disactivating the interrupt with CAN_DINT instruction the the counting stops but it give an error code 16#80A0 (Time-delay interrupt has not started.) rather than 16#0000 why is that

i didn't totally understand the use of the DIS_AIRT and EN_AIRT instruction and what's the difference between DIS_AIRT and CAN_DINT

when creating a time delay interrupt OB what's his cycle time (how long he last) what the limitations when putting a code inside of it like putting a timer

thanks for all please correct me if am wrong

kind regards

Last edited:
i didn't totally understand the use of the DIS_AIRT and EN_AIRT instruction and what's the difference between DIS_AIRT and CAN_DINT
DIS_AIRT and EN_AIRT are for handling when multiple interrupts may interfere with each other.
They are not directly related to SRT_DINT, CAN_DINT, QRY_DINT.

when creating a time delay interrupt OB what's his cycle time (how long he last) what the limitations when putting a code inside of it like putting a timer
The called OB only runs once. You generally dont program timers in interrupt OBs.

In TIA help the use of SRT_DINT, CAN_DINT, QRY_DINT is described with a link to a program example as well as a link to a general sample library.

What are you trying to achieve ?
I think that SRT_DINT, CAN_DINT, QRY_DINT are used when you want a hardware interrupt, but dont want it to be too sensitive, i.e. triggering many events on a signal that bounces.

DIS_AIRT and EN_AIRT are for handling when multiple interrupts may interfere with each other.
They are not directly related to SRT_DINT, CAN_DINT, QRY_DINT.

The called OB only runs once. You generally dont program timers in interrupt OBs.

In TIA help the use of SRT_DINT, CAN_DINT, QRY_DINT is described with a link to a program example as well as a link to a general sample library.

What are you trying to achieve ?
I think that SRT_DINT, CAN_DINT, QRY_DINT are used when you want a hardware interrupt, but dont want it to be too sensitive, i.e. triggering many events on a signal that bounces.
i think the SRT_DINT, CAN_DINT, are used for time delay interrupt i didn't know that they can be used for hardware interrupt, because usually i use attach and detach for HW
about the interference of time delay interrupt we can use the offset that's what makes me wondering about the difference between the offset and AIRT and EN_AIRT instructions

Timed interrupts are exactly that, for example a 100ms interrupt wil trigger every 100ms & run the code in the interrupt OB. this interrupts the normal scan of the main program, there are limitations for example too many calls to interrupts could alter the normal program scan time, also if the code in the interrupt OB took longer than the 100ms to scan not all the code would complete or the interrupt would be triggered again before all code is processed, this would probably generate an error.