Can't see Micro850 after failed firmware update

I dont think this would help, most of the time when you 'brick' the PLC because of flashing the firmware its stuck in boot-up cycle and can never finish the boot so it would never read the SD

Anyone have a 'bricked' Micro800 I would like to buy it from you

Extremely ironically... This happened to me with my new micro830... How much are you paying for the brick?

A flashing "RED" fault light means that the fault is recoverable!

This is what I would do!

I would connect with ethernet and only to the plc!
I would then run "WireShark" and run as administrator.
When it reports back the IP address of the PLC, I would configure my computer to match the network of the PLC.
Once that has been done I would attempt to reporgram the plc with a new IP address and simple program.

I have 100's of Micro 820-830-850-870 and I have never had one to fault that I have not been able to resolve. (But I do understand there is always the FIRST!)

How much are you paying for the brick?

Not much... I was just going to see if I could figure out a way to bring life back into the PLC and save others money, like David I have flashed a few hundred Micro800's and never had a issue

I do say, its a LOT faster and easier once I started using the SD, I just my 2080-SDMEMRTC-SC by Spectrum and I have about 15 850's that I need to flash so that will help

Same issue but got my 850 going again

Just in case if any help to others. Had same issue with 850 and flashing fault light. RSLINX Classic unrecognised device, no option to upload EDS file. Couldnt connect with anything I tried.
Tried one last thing. Using USB connection to the PLC, went to CCW. Had an 850 project open, right clicked on Micro850, Went to option to update firmware. The darned thing updated no problem. Hopefully might help someone.

I wonder if the folks that are having issues with flashing firmware are all using ControlFlash when they got into trouble. I have flashed many many of these processors, never an issue, but I will ALWAYS use CCW to do the firmware upgrade for me.
It would be interesting to find the common denominator.

Just in case if any help to others. Had same issue with 850 and flashing fault light. RSLINX Classic unrecognised device, no option to upload EDS file. Couldnt connect with anything I tried.
Tried one last thing. Using USB connection to the PLC, went to CCW. Had an 850 project open, right clicked on Micro850, Went to option to update firmware. The darned thing updated no problem. Hopefully might help someone.

I will try this tonight and report back if it worked. Thank you for the tip.

Didn't work in my case.

I tried flashing from a CCW project with the same result as described above.

The same exact menu (RSLinx) comes up when I attempt to flash (see attached) and the same error is displayed when the target is selected.

flash1.JPG flash2.JPG

Lazarus, how to revive a faulted Micro 850 after a failed firmware attempt

It bit me too, however I was able to revive a Micro 850 after a failed firmware update attempt using a USB connection in a virtual machine.

I did this using a USB cable, ControlFlash v15.04.00, RSLinx Classic v4.20.00 (CPR 9 SR 12.0) selecting the "AB_VBP-1" (virtual backplane driver), and Micro 850 f/w 12.011 /A.

I hope this helps you if you find yourself in this situation.

Bricked 830

Geniusintraining, you expressed an interest in buying bricked 800's, do you know a trick to getting them unbricked? I have one, and would really like to continue with it.

Geniusintraining, you expressed an interest in buying bricked 800's, do you know a trick to getting them unbricked? I have one, and would really like to continue with it.

I have no tricks... but I dont mind spending a little money to experiment and play with it to see if there is anything what we can do.

I have installed a lot of them and never bricked one yet

Not much... I was just going to see if I could figure out a way to bring life back into the PLC and save others money, like David I have flashed a few hundred Micro800's and never had a issue

I do say, its a LOT faster and easier once I started using the SD, I just my 2080-SDMEMRTC-SC by Spectrum and I have about 15 850's that I need to flash so that will help

How does it work to flash the firmware of a PLC with the 2080-SDMEMRTC-SC by Spectrum module and the SD card?

Do you have to install the firmware on the sd card or is there another program to use?

I found a document to do a Flash Upgrade From MicroSD Card.

It should work for Micro 850 with SD card modules.

2080-MEMBAK-RTC + a SD Card

2080-SDMEMRTC-SC (not in CCW module list)

There is a ConfigMeFirst.txt file to do.

[FWFILE = firmware\2080-LC50-48QBBA\2080-LC50-48QBBA_12.013_1K.nvs]
[FWDOWN = 0]
[END]

is this model a series?

https://freeimage.host/i/H90T4ja

It is possible to cause a hard fault if the firmware revision is not compatible with the series.

Flash Upgrade from Micro sd Card

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1583426/Allen-Bradley-Micro830.html?page=267#manual

page 9, there is a note for the firmware update from sd card (micro 820). Will this work with the Micro 850 memory module. i have revision 6.011.

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rn/2080-rn001_-en-p.pdf