SNTP with ENBT

nemrac

Hello, I am trying to connect to SNTP server to sync the time and date from a 1756-L71 controller with a ENBT/A Rev: 5. The only option i can find in the Rockwell Automation website was and Add-on using sockets, and doesn't work with the ENBT, can someone tell me if there is a way to sync with the SNTP server with the ENBT card. Thanks

Unfortunately, there isn't a way around that using solely the 1756-ENBT. To implement SNTP directly on Logix hardware, you need a controller or Ethernet modules that supports raw sockets, and that begins with the -EWEB and -EN2T, excluding the 1756-ENET and -ENBT.

The conventional way to keep a Logix system synchronized to wall-clock precision was the classic Clock Update Tool, which has been deprecated but is still available. That wrote the clock objects in the controller based on the system clock of a Windows workstation or server on the network.

There are other methods like SyncLink and IEEE 1588 precision time masters and the 1756 TIME GPS module, but all of those are a little more exotic.