Best non-AB HMI for Clx

TimSaunders

Hello All,

I'm just looking into HMI options for a little project i'm quoting. the existing PLC is CLX. I need to include an HMI, I'm thinking 8-10" or so. What are everybody's thoughts on different HMI/OIT/"Panelview" platforms that integrate nicely with CLX, are cost effective, easy to use, good functionality, etc.... I may end up going with an AB HMI PV+ or PV5000 just looking at other options ATM. Maple, Red Lion, CMore, etc.... What are everybody's thoughts?

I have used the C-more HMI's on projects, and even have one on my CLX run home automation system.

They are dependable and reasonably priced , plus the software is free.

My go-to alternative is Red Lion but they're like hen's teeth right now. My last few projects with CompactLogix have used C-More EA9 series HMIs. As long as you're not doing anything too fancy, they're more than adequate and have been way more available than AB or Red Lion.

My go-to alternative is Red Lion but they're like hen's teeth right now. My last few projects with CompactLogix have used C-More EA9 series HMIs. As long as you're not doing anything too fancy, they're more than adequate and have been way more available than AB or Red Lion.

+1 on the Red Lion if you can get them :)