How to Manage Hundreds of Different VPNs

AMarks95

Hello, I'm part of an SI team and as such, we deal with many different VPN connections for our various clients. The majority of them going through the built-in Windows VPN feature.

However, with that, whenever we get new computers or a new employee, they must add each connection as needed, and some of the connections have extra properties (CHAP-v2, etc.) that have to be enabled, which are not always noted on our connection details documentation.

The most straighforward way to take care of this would be to have a "master" rasphone.pbk file on our network that gets pushed to each employee when it's updated. However, that would be alot of connections to sort through to try and find the one that you many need.

Wondering if there are any third party solutions to manage these built-in Windows VPN connections that would display more information and allow searching/sorting at the top level? Thinking something along the lines of a table with various VPN properties (connection name, IP address, type, etc.).

TIA

You could use Softether VPN manager or Viscosity. Jump Boxes would be much more secure as VPN is not the best solution for security.

Industrial VPN solutions like Tosibox, E.W.O.N, Secomea, and others have built-in methods for managing multiple clients securely.