15.6" touch screen

walkir

Can you suggest any good quality 15.6" touch screens with DVI?
I have several machines using CP2916 from Beckhoff but they start braking one after another. So far I had to replace 10 of them, lead time from Beckhoff is 36 weeks and prices are also not the best. I would need something more reliable, looks like Beckhoff hardware quality is very poor.

Can you suggest any good quality 15.6" touch screens with DVI?
I have several machines using CP2916 from Beckhoff but they start braking one after another. So far I had to replace 10 of them, lead time from Beckhoff is 36 weeks and prices are also not the best. I would need something more reliable, looks like Beckhoff hardware quality is very poor.
I am not using Beckhoff, but another department in my company is switching over to Beckhoff panels due to availability issues with Siemens IPCs.
Out of interest, what is it that is breaking on the Beckhoff Touch panels ?

I am not using Beckhoff, but another department in my company is switching over to Beckhoff panels due to availability issues with Siemens IPCs.
Out of interest, what is it that is breaking on the Beckhoff Touch panels ?

Touch screen stops working, display is still fine but it is not responding for touch input.

We have horrible lead times for all Beckhoff equipment and everything is braking after 2 years. So I am heavily looking into alternatives.
They advertise a lot but not deliver promised quality.

I've used Hope industrial touch screens for that last several years if its a PC application. 23" screen is around $1k, they are usually in stock.

10 screens sounds like an environmental issue. I would ASSuME that they are hitting the screen and killing the touch cells.

I had 1 customer that would give them a USB mouse and keyboard when they broke a screen. Every now and then I would put in a 7" screen inplace of a 15" screen. He did that as a reason for the employees to treat the equipment better .

Have you asked a Beckhoff rep to come in and evaluate your situation? Are these on machines you built yourself or did they come from different vendors? What sort of environment are they deployed in?

If the underlying problem is with the application or the environment you could spend a lot of time and effort migrating to a new platform that might not perform any better.

It is in a clean room, and yes, Beckhoff have seen it... No comments from them we just RMA everything. We have touch screens in the same room from other manufacturer but they don't make it in 15.6" size.
So definitely it is problem with Beckhoff hardware quality.

It is in a clean room, and yes, Beckhoff have seen it... No comments from them we just RMA everything. We have touch screens in the same room from other manufacturer but they don't make it in 15.6" size.
So definitely it is problem with Beckhoff hardware quality.

We’ve been using Beckhoff CP3915 in cleanroom environments a lot and they always worked well. Of course, if you must have panel-mount form factor, this will not do

Just to close the topic, we decided to go with Siemens Screens, they have similar format and looks much better and have 10th of the lead time.