HSC block and Encoder

Im trying to figure out if A and B are working
or if he has A and Not A or something like that wired to A and B

Lets see if he can get a count with just A wired and using the Signal Type A setting

OK, I am just about to fire the software now will have a look at a few things.

First, this is usually very straight forward and easy to get it started, though using it is a bit complex. But you should not get any errors.

The LED are most likely blinking but too fast for your eyes to see them.

The important question that needs clarification, you do not get errors when going slow...yes or no?
Can you run the motor or turn the encoder at slow speed for a long period, for testing purposes?

If I will move the encoder very very slow BY MY HAND I am not gettingerror ( and I will check this point again tomorrow ) but I am sure when when I am just move it by my hand fast directly I am getting error

Im trying to figure out if A and B are working
or if he has A and Not A or something like that wired to A and B

Lets see if he can get a count with just A wired and using the Signal Type A setting

actually I need to detect the speed for the motor only on one direction for that reason I disconnect B , but at this moment I lost the count from HSC block

Please post the exact model number of your encoder. It seems capable of very high frequencies, up to 820KH, much higher than the module can handle. There's also two versions, programmable and non-programmable.

But that is the direction I think should be followed and eliminated.

Please post the exact model number of your encoder. It seems capable of very high frequencies, up to 820KH, much higher than the module can handle. There's also two versions, programmable and non-programmable.

But that is the direction I think should be followed and eliminated.

Encoder: DFV60A
Ident number: 1051309
Type: DFV60A-22PC65536
Datecode: 2204-2241

Number of steps: 65536
Electrical interface: TTL / RS422
Zero pulse width: IsElectrical,0
Counting direction: CW (A leads B when turning clockwise)

actually I need to detect the speed for the motor only on one direction for that reason I disconnect B , but at this moment I lost the count from HSC block

If you dont connect B then the "signal type" has to be changed
You change it to A type setting?

If you dont connect B then the "signal type" has to be changed
You change it to A type setting?

do you mean when I connected only A should I change signal type for TM module to be Pulse A ?
if you meant that so my reply no I did not change the TM configuration

Yes- you need to change to Type A

also- the TM Count is a 24 vdc count input module- NOT TTL or 5 vdc!

you are right for that reason I changed the Encoder output parameter from 5vdc to get 24VDC by using sopas software

so I will try to disconnect again B and N then change TM configuration to be Pulse A

but my question is in this case will I be able to measure the speed of the motor ?

regarding to TM module increment per unit parameter should I change it to match encoder or leave it as it is 50000

MeasuredValue.PNG

I believe JRW was referring to programming the Encoder itself, not sure what software is required to program it but it has nothing to do with TIA Portal.

It is programmable from 1 to 65,536.

Start with low value, not more than 1000 Pulses Per Revolution for testing purposes then follow the encoder manual to calculate best PPR for your application.

I believe JRW was referring to programming the Encoder itself, not sure what software is required to program it but it has nothing to do with TIA Portal.

It is programmable from 1 to 65,536.

Start with low value, not more than 1000 Pulses Per Revolution for testing purposes then follow the encoder manual to calculate best PPR for your application.

so do you and JRW mean to reduce encoder Number of steps for the encoder itself from 65536 to be 1000 first to see what is the result

correct ?