Omron C_1W-ETN21 communication with AB Compact Logix

bagged2drag

I'm hoping someone with experience here can help. I purchased a piece of equipment from a 3rd party vendor. This piece of equipment was supposed to have EIP to communicate with my CompactLogix controller which this piece of equipment is to be integrated with. When I started configuring the equipment per the documentation I received, I learned that it did not come with an EIP add on card, but instead a C_1W-ETN21 ethernet card. Had it been the actual EIP card, I could have simply installed the EDS and called it a day. So far the equipment builder hasnt been super helpful in coming to a resolution here, so I am looking for ways to use the C_1W-ETN21 instead. Does anyone here have experience communicating with an Omron CP1H using the C_1W-ETN21 and a Compact Logix? I seem to be getting mixed info online whether this can be done using a generic ethernet module or if it needs to be Modbus TCP/IP. When adding the card to logix with the generic ethernet module (with the settings the builder provided to me) it results in an error trying to connect (exclamation mark in the logix tree).

Thanks,

You could possibly use Modbus TCP - Omron have FBs for client/slave.

I was able to secure a cj1w-eip21 EIP card now. I am still trying to work through implementation if anyone has expeirince with this.

I'm hoping someone with experience here can help. I purchased a piece of equipment from a 3rd party vendor. This piece of equipment was supposed to have EIP to communicate with my CompactLogix controller which this piece of equipment is to be integrated with. When I started configuring the equipment per the documentation I received, I learned that it did not come with an EIP add on card, but instead a C_1W-ETN21 ethernet card. Had it been the actual EIP card, I could have simply installed the EDS and called it a day. So far the equipment builder hasnt been super helpful in coming to a resolution here, so I am looking for ways to use the C_1W-ETN21 instead. Does anyone here have experience communicating with an Omron CP1H using the C_1W-ETN21 and a Compact Logix? I seem to be getting mixed info online whether this can be done using a generic ethernet module or if it needs to be Modbus TCP/IP. When adding the card to logix with the generic ethernet module (with the settings the builder provided to me) it results in an error trying to connect (exclamation mark in the logix tree).

Thanks,