Eaton PLC Questions

ARYankee

I have never dealt with an Eaton PLC before. I have a customer that has a piece of equipment with an Eaton PLC (XNE_GWBR-CANOPEN). I don't have the software or cable to communicate with it. What software and com cable do I need? I'm running Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. I've attempted contacting Eaton but still haven't heard anything back. Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the responses. And yes, I finally realized that was just an I/O module. Looks like the program resides in the HMI which is an XV-102-D6-57TVRC-10. I'm still attempting to figure out what I need as far as software and a cable to communicate with it so I can get the program.

You need either:

Visualisation software
GALILEO
EPAM
XSOFT-CODESYS-2
XSOFT-CODESYS-3

PLC-Programming software
XSOFT-CODESYS-2
XSOFT-CODESYS-3

The project I worked on with XSOFT, I only needed XSOFT-CODESYS-3 for PLC and HMI parts - but I had to have the existing source code because it was not stored in the controller.

Reference link:

https://datasheet.eaton.com/datasheet.php?model=142533

The link is on this page below for downloads, but their site isn't working right now:

https://www.eaton.com/ca/en-gb/catalog/machinery-controls/codesys.html